Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crazy concerts and phenomenal kids...





Yesterday we went to the orphanage to start up our 8th and 9th grade ministry again. There were 9 of us all together. I fee so blessed to have that many people wanting to go and serve the kids. It went okay. We need to try and find a place where we can take the kids for a few hours because it would just better I think. Right now they have class and the teachers are not always helpful with making the kids go where they are supposed to and kids are coming in and out. There are a little of kids who want to participate and I think taking them away to a separate place would really be beneficial. But hands down the best part of the day was the Miss Youth concert the kids put on. It was competition between 5 girls from different classes. Each one had to do singing, dancing, talking, and cutting cabbage (thats right I said cutting cabbage) it was one of the things they got judged on. It really was so fun to watch and be a part of. Although, the girls took it really seriously. A few were crying when they were not the winners. I was so tired when I woke up yesterday morning and honestly I did not want to go to Pravda. I kept praying for joy and energy to love on the kids. After getting to the orphanage and being with the kids I didn't even need to try and be happy I just was. My kids were so fun to be with and I just love them so much.

But it did really make me want to find some family to host Yuroslav. I even talked to his teacher again about him last night. She kept telling me what a great boy he is. He really has the such a soft spirit and beautiful heart. I would love to him and Ura hosted. I of course would want someone in California so that I could be selfish and share in the experience with them. But at this point I do not care where it is I just want them to be loved on from a real family. So please please please, if you know anyone that you think would want to do this, have them contact me.

3 comments:

  1. Cabbage cutting huh? This would normally have been funny and surprising but I've been there, met these kids, seen this country and you know what? I'm surprised they didn't have to cook it with some potatoes in a soup as another part of the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa, Just found your blog. You are being used by God in such an awesome way. I wish many more young people would be like you. You are a great example and an inspiration to many. Remember that passion is always "caught" like a bad cold...so keep on spreading your passion in this blog. Also read Proverbs 19:17, seems like you guys have been making huge loans...God bless you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has Mighty and Powerful arms...yet warm and protective!

    You all must be doing a Mighty service...Satan is not liking it!

    Praying for you all!
    God SOOOO Bless you girls!
    Love,
    kathy Moss

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message...