Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dreams of my heart....


I absolutely LOVE all of our kids here in the orphanage and the graduates. Although, the graduates sometimes just grab my heart in a whole other way. So for sometime I have had this dream to start a community center here in Sumy. I look around the city and I see kids and even just people everywhere with nothing to do. I think about when I was kid and the things that kept me out of trouble. I had great parents and family to help me learn. My kids were not given that great gift. My dreams of the community would not be only for the orphans but for all. But of course my idea came from thinking about how to help them. I want it to offer classes such as: music, english, finance/money managing, sports, and etc. I want sports to be a big part of it. I know sports was something growing up that took up a lot of time and helps keep kids busy and out of trouble. And the kids here really love sports. If we could get organized sports set up that would help the kids here in the community and also we could train our kids when they leave the orphanage to coach little kids. I want this to provide job training for our kids and a sense of pride. I have so much I want it to be. I keep saying I but I know my team here wants these things too. It is not just my dream, God has just been putting it on my heart big time. I used to think it was not really a plausible idea because we are such a small organization. I would wonder how we could ever get the money. But a pastor in Texas has been super encouraging and just helped me to see that nothing is too big for God. The picture I have on here is the blue house that is right across from the orphanage. It has become pretty symbolic to us because before we moved here we would say we were gonna buy it and live there. We have loved it ever since. I want to name the community center The Blue House Community Center. But I am not sure I really love it but it would mean something to the 3 of us. We will see... So pretty much I am SUPER excited.

2 comments:

  1. so exciting! and i remember that cute little house :) i'm LOVING that you have a blog...i feel like i can keep up with ya so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog too! I am very happy to hear about your life. Stay strong and know that you are loved soooo much! Tell the kids I say hi.. vova, luba, vicha, ura, etc. I hope your dreams of the community center come true! David and I both think the community center is a great idea! We are behind you 100%!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message...