Monday, November 3, 2014

It's the small things...

The last few weeks have been some of the hardest that I can remember... Someone I dearly loved went to be with Jesus and watching the family lose their dad/husband/papa was maybe even harder. To be honest, I was looking forward to coming back to Ukraine to have a day's rest. Unfortunately, there has not even been a day of that since coming back. Some pretty bad stuff has happened that I can't write about. Let's just say we have new roommie with a baby for the time being. Then on top of that, things have not been great with some of the grads. The girl in me starts questioning everything we have ever done in Ukraine(Yes, I realize that is a bit dramatic, but these kids are so good at making you feel like complete crap). I have been a little depressed and feeling like we have done more damage then we have good. I am good at letting my mind run with all the faults I have ever done.

All that to say.... I met with one of our grads today and we had a good talk, both telling each other truths that aren't always easy to hear. Then walked home and was thankful that although it is cold it was warm enough still to walk and take some pretty pictures. I felt I got some clarity from my pity party... :) And even though life feels hard and I feel a little lost, I was reminded that this too shall pass. And sometimes, it is the small things, like a walk home by yourself to help you see some much needed perspective.

So thankful I get to enjoy fall if only for a few days. (the river is already starting to freeze)

I love this walk...

Our little giraffe :)

I am beyond thankful that I get to be in this little girl's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message...