Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Visa troubles

You would think after something going wrong almost every time I go back, I would be used to it. But somehow, it still manages to shock me or get to me. Anika and I needed to get new visas while at home and we were not sure of how the process would be. We waited until the last minute to book our tickets so that we would not have to change them(as I have to almost every time for one reason or the other). I was supposed to leave on Tuesday the 5th. I get a call the friday before from the Ukrainian Consolate telling me my American health insurance form is out of date and I need to have a new one and it needs to say that I am covered in Ukraine. Oh and just so you know, this does pretty much nothing for me in Ukraine. I knew with Kaiser this was pretty close to impossible to get exactly what they wanted. Also, I talked to them at like 3:30p.m. and mind you, they close at 5:00.  I would need to fax these things in before and go to Fed Ex to buy their overnight envelope to also fax in so I could get my passport in time. They do not work Saturdays. Needless to say, I was kind of freaking out internally. I rushed to Kaiser and had an amazing woman who helped me as much as she could. Then tried to fax the document only to have the fax number be busy. I called and they did not answer and the voicemail box was full. Welcome to my life when it comes to Ukraine.  So I knew I could do nothing until Monday. Which meant I had to switch my flight because I was not sure they would accept the updated document. Long story short... They were not happy with it but accepted it and I just got my passport back yesterday. Thank you Lord!!! I was alone in the house when I got it and yes, I did do a happy dance.  Now Chels and I will leave on Saturday night and not get back to our apartment until Monday morning. Oh and our True Love retreat starts on Friday ;) I think we might feel a little crazy. But I am so very excited about the retreat. God has already been doing some amazing things. I cannot wait to share all the goodness when it is over.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God that He worked it all out (as He always does!) I often find myself reprimanding myself for freaking out about things, because God always takes care of it all in the end! Glad to hear that you'll be heading back soon! Prayers for safe travels!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message...