Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Oh the joys of money...

Fundraising is probably the thing I hate the most about working for a non-profit. I worked since I was 12(I had a paper route.. Yes, I was that cool). My family wasn't what you would call wealthy by any means so my parents taught us good work ethic and we worked. It is so hard for me to ask for money and always has been. But... God brought me to Ukraine, I met some awesome kids who need help, and now here I am asking for money. Open Arms has been growing and I am so grateful but with more needs to meet we need more finances. And the truth is, these days we are pretty low on money. The littlest amount helps. We are looking for people to sponsor monthly $5, $10, or any amount.  There is a link on the top of my blog that will take you straight to the donate page. We raise our personal support through a different organization called Shepherds Staff. If you want to support me personally just email me and I will let you know how to do that. I would much appreciate it. Just so you know all of the money given to Open Arms goes to Open Arms ministry. So don't fear, the orphans are getting your money :) Here are some of the things your money goes to.

-Grad Ministry:
   -Wednesday night youth meetings
        -Transportation
        -Refreshments for the kids
Some of the group at our grad meeting.

 -Village Ministry
        -Transportation to and from the village(we do this about once a week)
        -Food to help out a grad couple living in the village who now have family
Dusya and her beautiful kids.
    -Girls Ministry
        -Cookies, Tea, Coffee
        -Fun outings
A day out with some of our girls.
-Medical needs for Grads
       -Dr visits
       -Dentist visits
       -Medicine
Waiting at the hospital to get a boil lanced.
-Prison Ministry
        -Food(food needs to be provided to the prisoners
        -Clothes, Hygiene products, Towels, Sheets
A box we sent to prison.
-OAU Apartments
        -Rent for both apartments
        -Internet(we need this for the business side of OAU and for staying connected to family and friends)
        -Food, as we have 3 grads living with us
        -Birthdays
Family pic.



If you would like to give monthly or a one time donation for something specific please specify when making the donation. Thank you so much for all the support so many of you already give! I am truly thankful for you.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message...