Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Back again...

On Wednesday, I left America and traveled back to Ukraine. I left sunny California and returned to a cold Ukraine where there is snow in the forecast for this week. WHAT? SNOW? It is supposed to be the coldest and longest winter in 130 years. I am definitely not looking forward to that but I am excited to be back in Ukraine with all the kids that I love and missed. And as always, we hit the ground running. I got in at almost 11pm on thursday and we went to bed at 4:45am even though we had to be up by 9 on friday. We met with a friend then we went to look at a camp we were hoping to buy. Well, let's just say the camp was a complete DUMP. We were so disappointed but it just means it is not the camp for us and we will keep waiting. Over the course of the weekend we had 9 kids and 6 which stayed the whole weekend.  On Sunday, it was Yura's birthday(my little brother who I have written about in the past). I cannot believe that he is already 20. It seems like just yesterday he was a little boy, stuck to my side, at the orphanage. I am so very thankful that he still in my life. These next couple of months are going to fly by and I am going to try to soak up all the goodness of birthdays, holidays, and camp. Thank you so much to all of you who prayed for my trip back it was probably my most smooth one yet. And for those of you who know me, I almost never have smooth trips :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message...