Friday, October 4, 2013

My beautiful friend

I have said before that Dusya(one of our girl graduates who now has two children) is the strongest woman I know. Over the years she has become one of my very dear friends. Dus lives in the village where the orphanage is and has a really hard life. Yet, when we see her she is almost always joyful and she is an incredible mom. But I know the last couple years have been hard on her and little by little I see her joy lessening. We went to the village yesterday and it was my first time seeing her since I have been back. She rarely asks for anything but when we called she sheepishly asked if we could bring some groceries because she said this month they are really low. This is supposed to be the coldest winter and let me tell you, IT IS COLD. It snowed today.... Ummmm what? snow? already? So, she lives in a village where she only really has one friend, no money, now work, and it's super cold/depressing. I was sitting talking with her and she was telling me how she is not talking to one of her friends but this "friend" was spreading rumors about how Dus' kids are dirty and not taken care of. If you know Dus, you might as well of just slapped her in the face then spit on her. She LOVES her kids. As she is explaining all this to me she said how she told the girl she was talking to that she won't trust anyone again except for us. My heart was breaking for her because you could just see the hurt as she was talking. She doesn't understand why people keep hurting her for no reason. I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday and a little frustrated because there are some people and relationships that have hurt me. Or people who have made it so very clear that I am just not important to them. Then I thought Dus and all that she has and is going through. And she rarely complains. She even said, "I start to worry, then I just tell myself that everything will be okay." Even though I have had these people who have been so hurtful I have true friends and family who love me. She doesn't have family that she really count on or friends. I have a lot to learn from this amazing girl.
 It made me really proud that we have finally gained her trust but I want for her to have other friends who she can trust and who will take care of her. I couldn't be more thankful that God has given me Dus in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message...