Saturday, November 17, 2012

Discouraging Days

Ever have those days where everything seems to go wrong or no matter what you do you end up feeling like the worst person ever? I do, and these days more often than I would like. I am sure it has to do with the fact that things ministry wise have been going so well and that is when the enemy wants to attack. I am sad to admit that when things are actually going well I am usually waiting for the ball to drop.

All my life, I have been riddled with insecurities. That is probably my biggest struggle and one of my biggest downfalls. It can consume me to where I am not doing the things I should be doing because all I can focus on is how I feel. I so do not want to be that kind of person. I hate that feelings can have such  power of me. Living in Ukraine and doing the kind of work I do here opens me up to all kinds of attacks like I just wrote about. I think I have written a little about this before. Today I am feeling discouraged. Things happen that should not be that big of a deal but it seems all the little things add up and then BOOM.  And to add to all of that we have an apartment where 6 of technically live  but there are usually at least 9 people here. So there never any time to just be. But I know one day it will not be like this and I will miss it. I am not even sure what my point of all of this is. I think I just really want to try and be thankful even in the times I am not feeling thankful. And I want to never stop working on myself because Lord knows I still need a lot work. I am super thankful He never gives up on us.I am not sure why He chose me for Ukraine but I am sure glad He did. What a cool life I get to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message...