Thursday, November 8, 2012

Girls Girls Girls...


Girls can be a bit intimidating.  Well, at least the ones from the orphanage.  But camp was an eye opening experience.  As there were 3 girls from a different orphanage who were so open to relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have met girls here who are wonderful and are very dear to my heart. One of my most favorite relationships is with someone that was in the orphanage. But this is not the majority of my experience.

I have and have had lots of girl friends but I have always had lots of guy friends too . Truthfully,  I always thought they were easier to be friends with . They are not as much drama(although the older I get the more I realize this is not always true),and love to play and talk about sports(as I do love to watch and talk about my teams). But over the past year, I have felt it on my heart that we need to do a girl's ministry.  This was something I was excited about but also not so excited about . I may be almost 30 but these girls sure know how to bring out every insecurity you didn't even know you had.  And for some reason they don't want to come around once they graduate the orphanage.  There is usually one or two who come around but that’s usually it. 

I wasn't really sure how to go about doing a girl's ministry when I'm not sure if they would really show up. But after camp we have 3 girls who desperately want to be loved on. They call, write, text, come to our meetings, and even want to hang out after the meetings are over. It took us aback a bit, but all in a good way. It is so fun to have girls who truly just want to have relationship and don't just want to hang out just to get something. I am just so excited to see what God has in store for these girls and how I will get to play apart in their lives.






1 comment:

  1. so fun!! that's AWESOME! those girls need to women loving JEsus in their lives and what that looks like - they are blessed :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message...